ATAGI has updated eligibility for additional (second) COVID-19 winter booster doses to help reduce serious illness from COVID-19:
- People aged 50 years and over are now recommended to get an additional winter booster
- People aged 30 years and over are now also eligible to receive an additional winter booster dose if they want
The interval between booster doses or following a recent COVID-19 infection is now 3 months.
If you were previously recommended to get an additional winter booster dose you are strongly encouraged to get it as soon as you are due, as you are at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19. This includes:
- all adults aged 65 years or older
- residents of aged care or disability care facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years or older
- people who are severely immuno compromised (this will be their fifth dose
- people aged 16 years or older with a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness
- people aged 16 years or older with disability, significant or complex health needs, or multiple comorbidities which increase the risk of a poor outcome.
How many vaccine doses do you need?
✅50+ should receive 4 doses
✅30-49 should receive 3 doses, option of 4th
✅16-29 should receive 3 doses
✅5-15 should receive 2 doses
Some people with severe or complex health needs may need additional doses. Talk to your health professional to see what is best for your age and health needs.
If you’re due for a booster, don’t delay. Call 65431222 to book in to one of our clinics.