FLU SEASON is generally July – August , so no need to rush. Indeed you have better immunity if you have the immunisation late April during consultations if available or May in our Flu Clinics.
We are pleased in 2019 to be able to immunise with more effective vaccines.
- Free Vaccine for children from 6 months of age to 4 years of age
- 5 different age- specific influenza vaccines.
This vaccine will cost $20 if you are not eligible under the National Influenza Vaccination program. This can be paid upon arrival for your appointment, as we stock this and almost all travel vaccines here at Brook Medical Centre.
Free influenza vaccine
Under the National Influenza Vaccination Program, free seasonal quadrivalent influenza vaccine is available for the following people:
- all people aged 65 years and over
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children aged 6 months to 4 years
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 15 years and over
- pregnant women
- Children aged between 6 months and four years old.
- people aged 5 years and over with medical conditions predisposing to severe influenza,(and you may wish to discuss with your regular GP if your medical condition is covered)
Chronic conditions include :
- Cardiac disease, cyanotic congenital heart disease, coronary artery disease and congestive heart failure
- Chronic respiratory conditions, including suppurative lung disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and severe asthma
- Other chronic illnesses requiring regular medical follow up or hospitalisation in the previous year, including diabetes mellitus, chronic metabolic diseases, chronic renal failure, and haemoglobinopathies
- Chronic neurological conditions that impact on respiratory function, including multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, and seizure disorders
- Impaired immunity, including HIV, malignancy and chronic steroid use
- Children aged 6 months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy .
Please contact us to book an appointment in one of our Doctors